Alberta Relaunch Information
STAGE 1 (Starting May 14 for all areas except Calgary and Brooks)
Stage 1 allows some businesses to resume operations starting May 14 with enhanced infection prevention and controls in place.
❌🚫 Continuing restrictions 🚫❌
• Gatherings of more than 15 people will not be permitted, unless otherwise identified in public health orders or guidance.
• Gatherings of 15 people or fewer must follow physical distancing and other public health guidelines.
• Public attendance at businesses, facilities and events that have close physical contact will not be permitted, including: arts and culture festivals, major sporting events and concerts.
• Movie theatres, pools, recreation centres, arenas, spas, nightclubs and gyms will remain closed.
• Visiting patients in health care facilities will remain limited.
• In-school classes for kindergarten to Grade 12 students will remain prohibited.
• Travel outside the province is not recommended.
• Calgary and Brooks residents are encouraged to wait for local services to reopen rather than travelling for services.
• Remote working is advised where possible.